Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Upon Emergent Occasions: GOP Edition

 Meditation 17:



PERCHANCE he for whom this bell tolls may be so ill as that he knows not it tolls for him. Well that is what he gets for not planning in advance to have someone legally obligated to tell him that information. That could never happen to me. The church is limited to only the chosen few REAL TRUE CHRISTIANS. The ones who come every week to services, but not all of them because some of them might be divorced or gay or something. When the church baptizes a child, that action doesn't concern me unless I know the people. I don't have time to care for every random kid that gets baptized. And when the church buries a man, I don't care unless it is someone I know or the death somehow benefits me: all mankind is of one author, and is one volume; and if that author wanted me to care about other people then he'd have those people somehow involved in my life. When one man dies, we can rip out that chapter because the book is too long if we have chapters for everyone. I mean, if it was me or someone I liked we should keep the chapter. But not random people who aren't us. The torn out chapters liter the floor to be stepped on by people coming to read the books about us important people.




There was a contention as far as a suit (in which, piety and dignity, religion and estimation, were mingled) which of the religious orders should ring to prayers first in the morning; and it was determined, that they should ring first that had the least money, resources, or fortune. They don't deserve to stay in bed if they don't have some money. In fact, why should we ring the bell at all? Bell ringing should be done by the poor and unfortunate so that they can be motivated to make better lives for themselves so that don't have to ring it anymore.




Great men are islands all alone in the world. Some lesser man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe should be happy. It is better off without that worthless clod. Any clod worthy of being Europe wouldn't be able to be washed away be the sea. No man's death diminishes me, because I believe that life is some zero-sum Highlander style game. When someone else loses then I must win! And I know that the bell isn't tolling for me. I'm way past that bell tolling stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment